Monday, February 9, 2009

Last Night

It was windy last night. When it's windy, something bangs against the side of our house (can't figure out what it is) and we can't sleep. So, at 12:30 am, Nathan and I decide to go down to the basement and try out the futon we bought for guests - gotta see if it's comfy. It's pretty good. Sometime in the night I hear Henry call out my name. He sounds panicked - Mom's not in her bed. Poor little guy thought I was gone. After I get him back in bed (the banging sounds louder in his room), I can't sleep because I keep thinking I hear Henry come out of his room. Just the wind.

The weather is miserable outside today. Cold. Slushy. Windy. I guess I won't return the library books. I think I'll stay inside and curl up under a blanket with Henry. We'll read books and watch Spongebob. Me and my buddy.

4 comments:

thesvancaras said...

The weather is cold and wet hear today too. My Brian wont be home till 10:00 tonight because of school. I guess Ill just snuggle with my pregnant belly until I have my sweet pea to cuddle with.

thesvancaras said...

I actually leaked a few tears today because I am sooo uncomfortable. I am ready do be done. :(

Burton Family said...

Wow! I feel so out of touch with the Beutler fam! I can't believe Samantha is growing up! She can not be 12?!!!! Give her a hug from me. And I'm glad you had such a fun AZ trip. It sounds like you stayed busy. I'm very impressed you made the drive all by yourself. I don't know if I could handle that! But your kids are growing up. Your post about hanging out with Henry made me a little melancholy. We used to hang out all the time and now we never do! We'll have to hang out soon.

Allison and Nathan said...

Emily-
We do need to hang out. I'm not sure if Everett will even remember Henry. How are you feeling?