Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's Great to Be 8!

Elliot turned 8 right before Thanksgiving. He looked so cool in his new jeans and Beatles (his favorite band) t-shirt.






The day before his birthday, he invited Riley and William to join us at the Classic Fun Center. They played in the Bounce Zone, the Blast Zone and even squeezed in a game of Laser Tag. It looked like they had a ton of fun.


On his birthday, Sommer's family came over to have cake and ice cream.





And then, last Saturday, was baptism day. It ended up being a busy and eventful day for Elliot. He had his first Jr. Jazz game early in the morning. He was a little unsure of himself at first, but he found his confidence near the end of the game. He was an incredible defender - he never left the man he was guarding (even when his team had the ball!) I wish I could post the video I took because he made a beautiful jumpshot that I was lucky to capture on film.


The baptism was great. I was a little bummed that I didn't really get to see Elliot until he actually entered the font, but it was awesome watching Nathan baptize his first son.












Lots of hugs afterwards - Sommer and Jeremy brought their kids, and Riley and William came to support Elliot as well. Elliot was especially excited that Nana and Papa were able to come from AZ to enjoy this wonderful weekend with us.








We love you Elliot and we're so proud of you! Hooray for turning 8!

2 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

Oh, I love the picture of the boys! Will you e-mail it to me? Elliot's baptism made RIley so excited for his (in September).

Natalie said...

Wow, he is looking good. I'm so happy that he had a good birthday. I wish we could have been there. Your Thanksgiving sounded like ours-low key. I'm excited for you to come and meet Duncan. Stay healthy. (oh your center pieces were really cute)