Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shower Buddies


A few months ago, I decided that Henry was too big for baths.  I had him start showering with Elliot, which actually saves a lot of time and hot water. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Anyway, during the boys' morning before-school showers, I'm in the bathroom as well, combing my hair. So, I can hear all the conversation that goes on between them in the shower. Don't get me wrong, once in a while I hear a lot of arguing and the sound of wet hands slapping wet bodies. But mostly, they are so cute that I stand there and smile and snicker to myself. I've thought about recording these adorable exchanges, and I still might, but for now, I'd like to share what I heard this morning. Word for word.

Henry: "It's my turn for the water."

Elliot: "Ok. Do I have shampoo still?"

H: "Yeah, in the back."

E: "Is it out?"

H: "No, a little more to the left."

E: "I don't feel any on that side."

H: "Oh, I mean your right."

E: "Here, let me get it a little warmer for you . . . ah, that feels good."

H: "It's a little hot, but it will do."

H: "K. All your soap's out."




I love it.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

That's cute!

nanapeggy said...

Oh How funny AND CUTE BOYS THEY ARE GREAT!