Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Smart Colors!




I just clicked on an article I saw on MSN.com. It talks about how your color preferences can tell you what career choices are for you. I love color and I'm also considering going to work next year when Henry starts school, so I decided to take the test. Basically, I selected my favorite colors and my least favorite colors. The results are below. I've highlighted the things that jumped out at me.




You're a CREATOR
Key Words: Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.
CREATOR OCCUPATIONS: Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
CREATOR WORKPLACES: Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.
Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.




How did it know? I've always known that I care too much about how things look. (Yes, I'm the kind of mom that let's the kids decorate the Christmas tree, and then after they go to bed, I rearrange the ornaments the way I want them and put the ugly ones on the wall side of the tree.) I play the piano and am learning to play the guitar. I'm always decorating and re-decorating my house. I always try to "improve" - not the word Nathan would use - everything in my life. And look, it says I would enjoy being a photographer. Pretty cool! If anyone would like to take the test, click on the link below. First, read the article and then click on The Color Career Counselor. Have fun!



http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn/careeradvice/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=1614&SiteId=cbmsnhp41614&sc_extcmp=JS_1614_home1&GT1=23000&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=5a791ceb4db744eda66706dfa2f41b83-274894946-J4-5

2 comments:

love_suz said...

Very interesting!

Andrea said...

I am itching to try this. Maybe I'm on the wrong path...