Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Has Fallen

We get excited for fall around here. Our first fall in Utah was right on time and spectacular...





Last year, it froze early - in late September - before the leaves even had a chance to change. Therefore, no pictures.
This year, we decided to take a drive along the Alpine Loop, which is famous for it's amazing fall color. We went in September, to beat any possible freeze. We beat it alright. We drove through still green Aspen trees in 85 degree weather.


The Dixon girls


Henry and Gavin doin' what they do best.

The temperature remained unseasonably warm for most of October and we thought that fall would disappoint again this year. But, last Sunday we woke up and saw this:



Finally! We figured that if this side of the mountain was that pretty, then it would be awesome on the other side. So we took a drive. We were right...



Gotta love it!

4 comments:

nanapeggy said...

Wow you got some beautiful color! We saw lots in Boston, too. Maybe we will have to come to Utah for color it is a lot closer!

April & Greg said...

Oooooo, so pretty! Love the colors. I can't believe how big your kids are:).

Hailee said...

You got some awesome shots! The one with all the low, puffy trees in every color of the rainbow gives me chills. I don't know why. I went back and tried looking at it again a couple of times and it happens every time. Ha ha! Weird.

Allison and Nathan said...

Hailee-
That is weird. I'm actually lucky I got the shots that I did. Our drives through the canyons go something like this: We come around a bend in the road and I say "Wow, look at that! What a pretty shot!" And Nathan doesn't realize that what I'm saying is, "Honey, stop the car so I can get a picture!" So when I finally say, "Yes, I want you to pull over," he mistakenly pulls the car over right next to some huge ugly trees that are blocking the amazing view I made him pull over for. So, I snap a few pity shots so that Nathan doesn't think I made him stop the car for nothing. Someday we'll get it down! And maybe someday, you'll be here to see it all for yourself!