Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My So Called Life......

It's 11 pm and this has been a different time of day for me lately. Before October 8, 2007, my husband and I would just be turning off the television and heading off to bed together to sleep, or whatever......... Nathan's been commuting to Utah for a new job. The rest of us stayed behind to sell our house - or not. Since the real estate market in Phoenix is in the Great Depression, we gave up the idea of selling a few weeks ago and put the house up for rent. We've had a lot of nibbles, but no one has taken the bait yet. I've been doing a lot of praying and have gotten back into the habit of daily scripture reading. It's amazing how my prayers and scripture reading directly co-incide with the amount of phone calls I get about the house! My faith has definately been tested the last few months, and for awhile, I think I was failing that test. But recently, I'm beginning to feel like I understand how faith works when used with diligence and patience. It will all be over soon. We are moving February 29, much to the dismay of our families. We bought a house in Utah in a neighborhood that we have fallen in love with. The many LDS children and better schools will be good for our kids. Most importantly, Nathan and I and the kids will be under one roof - what a blessing!

2 comments:

jakeandmel said...

Hey all..We are so excited for you guys..We are also moving on Feb 28th..finally we got a house that is big enough for all these kids..We have to do a sleep over for the kiddos before you leave..Jason and Melissa

Burton Family said...

I'm glad you've joined the blogging world!