Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Vacation

Well, it's taken me weeks, but here are our vacation pics! There were 500 total pictures, so I had to learn how to make slideshows out of them, so that they would be easier to view. What a pain! So, in mid-July, we spent three nights in Yellowstone and two nights in the Teton National Forest (just south of Yellowstone). We got to Yellowstone by driving through Idaho. I knew that Aunt Pam had recently moved to Idaho, I just wasn't sure what city. I gave her a call and found out that she lived just outside of Idaho Falls, and we were going to pass through there within an hour! We stopped by and she had a wonderful lunch prepared for us - she's fast! It was good to see her. Yellowstone and the Tetons are beautiful, with lots of wildlife and natural wonders. The kids got a little tired of all of the driving - all Henry ever said was, "I want to go back to the campsite!" The other thing he constantly said was, "I'm hungry." - except for when it was time to eat breakfast...or lunch...or dinner. We saw lots of impressive waterfalls, geysers and hot springs. We also saw plenty of elk and bison. What we were dying to get a glimpse of was a moose, or rather, a bull moose. We met dozens of people who had seen and photographed moose, but we never got so lucky. We spent hours at a certain popular lookout point as the sun set, and finally saw a girl moose out in the distance, which was cool, but still a little disappointing. Overall, we had fun and really enjoyed the gorgeous scenery.














1 comment:

Nate said...

Whoo-ee! The Tetons make me want to take up painting! My favorite photo is the rearview mirror shot of Gillian. Love you!