Friday, June 5, 2009

Nana and Papa




Nana and Papa came again the end of April for BYU Women's Conference. This time I attended one of the conference days with Peggy. It was my first time and it was fun. Peggy's feet were killing her, so she stayed in the Marriott Center. I ventured out to listen to a speaker in the Wilkinson Center. On my way over there, I ended up twisting my ankle in my dumb wedge heeled shoes and falling flat on my face on the sidewalk. I skinned my knee and got a hole in my favorite jeans. Sore and humiliated, I made my way back to the Marriott Center and watched the rest of Women's Conference with Peggy. Elder L. Tom Perry was the concluding speaker. He gave an awesome talk about how it was our responsibility, as members of the church, to give the rest of the world the correct image of who we are and what we believe. http://www.byub.org/talks/Talk.aspx?id=3591
Elder Russell M. Nelson also came to support Elder Perry. It was cool for me, because it was the first time I had seen or heard a General Authority in person.
The next day, Nathan ran his second 5K. Although he ran in the pouring rain, he still finished 1st in his age division and 7th place overall. Good job, Nate!



This last picture is just for Peggy. The lilacs were in bloom when she was here and she couldn't stop smelling them. Too bad computer monitors aren't scratch and sniff!


4 comments:

nanapeggy said...

Glad you found time to blog. I wish I could smell those lilacs-just my favorite flower, to bad they won't grow in Phoenix.

nanapeggy said...

Glad you finally found time to blog. Love the lilacs! I think I can smell them.

Sommer said...

Poor Allison. I felt so pitiful(sp?) when I rolled my ankle at the bottom of apartment stairs in the rain. On a better note, Good job Nate! Not too shabby!

love_suz said...

Tripping like that sounds like something that would happen to me. Hope you were ok.

Nice job on the race Nay.