Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner Guests


When I told Henry that Grandma and Grandpa were coming over for dinner last night, he was confused. My parents filled their car yesterday with Grandma J., Uncle Kelvin and Aunt Amy and Jennifer for a trip to Idaho to see Aunt Pam. I wouldn't allow them to pass by Sandy without stopping for a bite to eat and a quick visit. Aunt Kathy also came from Riverton to join us. We were thrilled to see them! I stuffed them with green chili burritos, refried beans and chips and salsa. (Nathan and I realized later as they piled back in the car that bellies full of beans maybe wasn't the best idea for a 4-hour ride to Idaho Falls - sorry!). I could tell that Henry was enjoying our full house. He came into the living room, opened his arms, and announced, "Ok everyone, who needs a drink of juice?" (He was referring to the huge punchbowl of raspberry lemonade waiting in the kitchen) What a host! It was really fun to see all of them, even though it was for only an hour and a half! That's okay - Henry and I will also meet them for lunch as they drive back through Wednesday on their way back to AZ.









As Nathan and I were watching TV later in the evening, he said, "Darn it. I should have called my parents tonight." I smiled and said, "I don't need to call mine. I saw them!" Pretty cool.

3 comments:

thesvancaras said...

That's so fun! I thought they would stop by.

Elliots pants.. giggle giggle. They are cute up above his belly button. I miss your guys!

Allison and Nathan said...

I also noticed Elliot's high-rise pants. What's up with that?

Andrea said...

What a fun surprise!! Thank you so much for having my kids all Monday. That was so helpful! I am so glad that I went with my parents. I really needed to be there.