Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Quick Getaway

Our friends, the Summerhays, invited us to join them for a one-night getaway the night before Halloween. Andrea's family has a cabin in Midway, which is only about 45 minutes away, on the other side of the mountains. Sounded fun to us, so Nathan took Thursday afternoon off, and we headed for the hills. The cabin is really neat. Andrea's dad is responsible for all of the decorating. It's very rustic - complete with a moose head, pine log furniture, and elk antler chandeliers. And the weather was fall-perfect.








After dinner, the kids played in the jacuzzi for a bit and then watched a movie before retiring to the "bunk-bed room". We arose EARLY the next morning the make it to school by 9 am for the big costume parade. Elliot also had a classroom Halloween party that I had volunteered to help out with. Samantha was also part of the the sixth-grade dance, Thiller. I'm glad I didn't miss that!




Then I had to run home to start making Halloween chili and cornbread!

4 comments:

Nate said...

Cool pictures of the cabin! Thriller is really funny! Lucky for Samantha she got to be in front. Too bad for the other kids they didn't mix it up and bring others to the front.

Andrea said...

Good dancing Samantha!! Great pictures!

Sommer said...

Oh my gosh, I have tears in my eyes form laughing. That thriller dance is so funny and cool! I'm so impressed with the dancing, especially the boy in the white dress shirt and jeans, he had it down pat! Samantha, I don't know if I've ever seen you dance so well. I'm jealous that the kids got to dress in their halloween costumes for school. Down here they can only wear a costume if it is a story book character and thats only for the Kinders and 1st graders.

Allison and Nathan said...

I also like how they got to wear their costumes to school - they never did in AZ.