Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was different this year. Instead of a crowd, it was just the six of us here at home. Instead of just making a salad or a casserole, I made it ALL. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, corn, rolls, orange salad, shut-the-gate salad, and two pies - and I did it all with the flu! I was a little worried about producing Thanksgiving dinner on my own, but everyone helped and it turned out yummy.






Lemon Cream Pie w/raspberries and Grandma Cothrun's Apple Pie

4 comments:

Sommer said...

Finally, some new posts! I've been waiting for the Thanksgiving pictures. You did great with Thanksgiving all by yourself....with the flu. Did you like the sweet potatoes? That's my favorite recipe ever.

Allison and Nathan said...

Nathan thought I was making candied yams with marshmallows on top, and he was a little disappointed when he saw me making this sweet potato casserole. But during Thanksgiving dinner, it was the sweet potato casserole that he couldn't stop talking about - it was a hit!

Burton Family said...

That reminds me of our first Thanksgiving in AZ. We'd been invited to go over to 3 different houses, but Everett and I ended up getting a nasty cold. So just the 3 of us had Thanksgiving ourselves. It was actually kind of fun- but I NEVER want to make a turkey again. I had NO appetite for it that year after watching Jeff prepare it.

Way to go! It looks like you handled it very well. I was thinking it would be fun to meet up at Temple square and see the lights (unless you have already).

Elisabeth said...

Your pies look really yummy!