Friday, October 24, 2008

Falling for Fall

Until now, I've never lived anywhere that has seasons. The leaves are changing here in Utah, and I think I can say that fall is my favorite. Well, technically, winter hasn't arrived yet, but I feel pretty safe in saying that winter is NOT going to be my favorite. For now, I love the colors of the trees and the mountains. The mornings are brisk, but the afternoons are sunny and cool. I'm making soups and stews for dinner. The fireplace has been on once or twice. It's good weather for hot chocolate and cider. Our front porch is covered in pumpkins that we grew. Perfect.

The following photos are of the mountains just east of our house (taken three weeks ago and two weeks ago, respectively).



Conference Sunday we took a drive through Little Cottonwood Canyon. It had snowed in the mountains the night before and combined with the exploding fall colors, it produced an amazing effect!




Henry just barely escaped this one!



Later in the evening, we drove through Millcreek Canyon. It wasn't as vibrant and it lacked the white snow, but we took some family photos anyway. Those will be posted later.
I love fall!

7 comments:

Nate said...

I want fall leaves photos! I wouldn't stop taking pictures if we had colors like that here. Did you Photoshop these? I'm sitting here mad that my photos don't look that good straight out of camera, but then I remembered you're starting to use Photoshop. So, did you?

Sommer said...

Beautiful! Now you just made me really really really sad that we can't make it up there for Thanksgiving! Waaah!!!

thesvancaras said...

Beautiful! I love fall! I don't love winter. I think fall is just a nice gift to ease us into icky winter. Miss you.

Katelyn

Allison and Nathan said...

Yes Hailee, I did use Photoshop. How am I doin'? What's cool, is that I didn't really need to use more saturation - the edited photos don't look much different than the originals. That's how bright and pretty the colors actually were! I also had the advantage of perfect light and crisp clean air after a rainstorm. That always helps!

Allison and Nathan said...

Don't feel too sad, Sommer. Since the time I took these pictures four weeks ago, the leaves have dropped. It won't look like fall anymore on Thanksgiving. But you should just come anyway!

Allison and Nathan said...

Miss you too Kate!

Natalie said...

I wouldn't like winter either. Oh, how lucky we are here to not worry about chains on the tires, shoveling snow, salting the walk ways, lugging around heavy coats. I think I will take an Arizona winter. Have fun with that!!Love ya!
I do like your photos.