Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mama Mia!




Who remembers this costume? I was going through some Halloween boxes the other day and I found this costume that I wore when I was about sixteen years old. Hailee and I hosted a Halloween party that year and we decided to dress up as the Mario Brothers. Hailee was Mario and I was Luigi. My mom made us these awesome costumes, complete with black moustaches and eyebrows. I remember the party being a lot of fun and tons of kids came. Well, 17 years later, the costume still fits, and my kids thought it was cool - especially the boys. They couldn't believe that I knew who the Mario Brothers were when I was younger! Who doesn't know schmooney mooney mooney?

7 comments:

Henry said...

My husband has to dress up at work on Halloween. We couldn't think of a costume! This would be perfect!

Greg said...

Now why didn't you wear that the other night? My kids would have gone crazy.

Sommer said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! I can't believe you still have that! It's a little short though. But being able to wear something that you wore when you were sixteen, seventeen years later is almost unheard of! I'm still cracking up. It's not the same without Luigi though.

Sommer said...

Ooops, I mean it's not the same without Mario.

Allison and Nathan said...

Greg, to be honest, it didn't fit EXACTLY perfect - the costume has definite "wedgie" potential. I actually thought of your kids and considered wearing it to your house anyway. You're right, they would have gone crazy! Will and Max are over here right now - I'll show them the pictures.

thesvancaras said...

I can't fit in the cloths I wore yesterday! ha! Its kinda depressing really. The only thing that changed is you got a little taller.. more classy and grown up. Remember the 80's bangs you sported with that costume? ;)
oonie shmoony moony...

thesvancaras said...

Have another baby! Your youngest is now a kid now.. have another baby!! I know what your answer will be but I can't still try!