Monday, October 27, 2008

Witches' Night Out

A whole bunch of us ladies in the ward attended Witches' Night Out on Saturday, the 25th. It was so fun! There's a cool village in West Jordan called Gardner's Village. It was originally a working mill and still has alot of historic houses that have been turned into shops, boutiques and restaurants. Every October, Gardner's Village hosts a Witches' Night Out where women come dressed up as witches and to enjoy all the festivities. Before we went to the village, there was a Witches' Tea at Emily's house.





Tea parties are Emily's specialty. I was invited to the last tea party she had - very fancy and very fun. I even had tea for the first time!







After the Witches' Tea we all gathered in the front yard for a picture (Emily is the only blonde witch!). Then we all jumped on our broomsticks (and SUV's) and flew to Gardner's Village. There was shopping, a witches parade, "cackling" for coupons, and various witchy things to see and do. I've never seen so many pointed hats in one place! Everyone was really into it. I saw all kinds of witch costumes - classic, creepy, fancy, Victorian, flowery...you name it. Most of the witches hats I saw were handmade, I think. There was a D.J. set up in the village square playing songs that I used to dance to at the Saturday Night Dances. I wasn't in the mood at first, but when all my fellow witches (from my ward) started dancing, especially when YMCA started playing (classic!), I got into it. After we danced a while, we were ready to head home. What a great night! And I love spending time with the awesome gals in my ward!

No comments: