Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School Feast



I was inspired by a fellow blogger to hold a "Back-to-School Feast". I thought it would be a fun and special way to kick off the new school year. What I really love is the idea of having a family theme. Nathan and I have been discussing ways we can get our kids to show and feel more love and support for each other and also to see how important being a member of a family really is. So, I chose Unity for this year's theme. This school year we'll work on being a team - "All for one and one for all!"




The Menu:
Herb-Crusted Pork Loin
Peggy's Cheesy Potatoes
Too Much Chocolate Bundt Cake
Shirley Temples

The feast was a success. The kids appreciated the extra attention given to starting school. They were already excited anyway - this just made it better!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so sweet! I love it. I love that you are talking to your kids about being part of a family. I love the whole back to school feast what a great idea and how special. I love things/events that can so easily become a family tradtion.

p.s. love the table setting/cute dishes. I can't wait for Justin, Duncan and I to come to Utah to visit.

Unknown said...

I was thinking I would do the Back to school feast as well. I got the idea a little too late for this year. I need to work on making my kids childhood more memorable.