Monday, August 10, 2009

New Calling


This biggest news in our house right now is the new church calling Nathan received three weeks ago. He is now the Young Mens President in our ward. Nathan is excited and is not taking his new responsibility lightly. When he was contemplating who he wanted to serve with him in the presidency, he asked me for my advice and we had some long discussions on the subject. He went the temple (twice) to get more inspiration. The new presidency was sustained and set apart last Sunday when Sommer's family was visiting. Nathan and I had two weeks to get used to the idea of Nathan being the YM President, but it hadn't occurred to me how the young men in the ward would take the news. Tyler, the recently released YM President, who happens to be a friend of ours, was very beloved by the youth in our ward. Tyler has served in the YM organization for the last 7 years and not only did he magnify his calling above and beyond, the boys had a great deal of love and respect for him. During the testimony meeting following Nathan's sustaining, Tyler, Nathan and several of the young men bore such touching testimonies. It's very apparent how shocked the boys were with the change and how much they loved having Tyler as their leader. Nathan knows that he has big shoes to fill, but he is excited to give it a try. We both know that he will be an excellent YM President, especially with the fine men that will be serving with him. The youth in our ward are in for a treat! I love you Nathan - and I'll always be proud!

2 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

I am so excited for the YM to have Nathan w/ them!! He will be so good, and you're right, they are in for a treat!

Natalie said...

You know, I always thought Nathan would be a great Bishop. I think he will be fantastic as a YM president. Happy late Birthday too. I'm so behind on birthdays this summer. I hope you guys get to come for a visit soon